Who do we verify?
- All beneficial owners with interest >25%.
- All effective controllers of the SMI.
What do we verify?
- Full name, address and registration number (if applicable) of the SMI.
- That the SMI has an AML/CFT programme, is supervised for AML/CFT purposes, completing CDD in accordance with the AML/CFT Act and its principal place of business.
- Obtain written confirmation from a senior manager of the SMI to the effect that it:
- has an AML/CFT programme in place (or a foreign equivalent);
- is supervised for AML/CFT purposes;
- is doing CDD in accordance with the AML/CFT Act (or its foreign equivalent); and
- has its principal place of business in a jurisdiction with sufficient AML/CFT systems and measures in place